Defining Resilience as: The ability to thrive, adapt and cope despite tough and stressful times.
Critical Factors to Building Resilience are: The presence of a caring, stable adult and being raised in a safe, stable and nurturing environment.
6 Resilience Strategies:
1) Recognise toxic stress as the largest public health issue of our generation.
2) Change the discussion from “What’s wrong with you?” to “What happened to
you?”, or from “What’s the matter with you?” to “What matters to you?”
3) Promote safe, stable nurturing relationship & environments
4) Build critical collaborations
5) Promote Hope
6) Prevent inter-generational transmission of toxic stress